Who doesn’t love Ramen soup! The comforting warmth and incredible umami… A raw vegan Ramen soup can do this as well. We are going marinate mushrooms and zucchini noodles for a few hours and toss them with other awesome vegetables and one avocado. You’ll be surprised how much flavour this soup will contain only because of marination. After having had a few fruits I love to have this one for dinner.
Serves 2. Prep time: 20 min plus at least 1 hour for soaking
- 3 zucchini, cut into long and fine ribbons
- 6 mushrooms of your choice (shiitake, champignons…), thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped
- 8 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- pepper (and chilli flakes if you like)
- 6 Brazil nuts, soaked
- 1/2 sweet potato, sliced
- 1 avocado
- other vegetables of choice (Lamb’s lettuce, spinach, broccoli, …)
- sesame seeds
Put the zucchini noodles, mushroom slices, onion and garlic in a bowl and add the soy sauce, pepper and – if you like – chilli flakes. Mix everything together and let sit for at least 1 hour. Soak the Brazil nights in water in a separate bowl.
Steam the sweet potato and other vegetables of your choice. Take out the bowl with the noodles, add the vegetables with the residual water, in which the sweet potatoes have been steamed in. Add some hot water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.