This is such a beautiful way of serving barley! If you have some at hand, small pineapple cubes would go so well with this dish.
Serves 2. Preparation time: 15 min, Cooking time: 25-30 min
- 2/3 pearl barley, cooked
- 1/2 purple carrot
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts (about 16)
- 8 mulberries or one date
- 1 tsp (flat) cinnamon (or a few leaves of fresh mint)
- 2 pinches of rosemary
- 6 medium-sized leaves of Swiss chard, sliced into thin pasta-like ribbons
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- garnish with blossoms, sprouts and sweet potato, very finely sliced
Blend the carrot, vinegar, mulberries, hazelnuts, cinnamon and rosemary. Mix half of this purée with the cooked barley. Put the Swiss chard and tamari in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
Plating: Place the other half of the purée in the middle of a large plate and spread it in a circular motion. Add some of the Swiss chard, then add the barley on top and cover with the residual Swiss chard. Garnish and serve immediately.